The Selden K. Smith Foundation for Holocaust Education
The 2017 Midlands Gives is upon us!
May 2, 2017
Please consider supporting us again this year during Midlands Gives.
Your contribution will be doubled!
The Zucker Family Foundation has graciously partnered with us and will match every dollar donated up to $5000.
Please help us reach our goal and continue Holocaust educational projects in SC.
You may also pre-schedule your donation beginning April 18 at midlandsgives.org. Your contribution will be charged on May 2.
Midlands Gives is a 24-hour online giving event that advances public awareness of local nonprofits. The Selden K. Smith Foundation for Holocaust Education is excited about participating again and asks you to consider making a contribution. Please join us in our efforts to combat hatred and intolerance. With your support, the Foundation can continue and grow the important Holocaust education and tolerance programming it has helped bring to our state over the years. We thank all of our past supporters for making these worthwhile projects a reality.
Some of the projects and grants your dollars support include:
- Grants awarded to teachers for Holocaust books, speakers, student field trips and other Holocaust and tolerance related projects.
- An internationally traveling Anne Frank exhibit for middle schools across the state.
- Digitization of previously recorded testimony given by survivors in South Carolina. These testimonies are available for public access on-line.
- Holocaust supplements in newspapers in Columbia, Rockhill, Myrtle Beach, Beaufort, Hilton Head and Charleston in April 2017.
- Week-long Holocaust teachers’ workshop. This annual event will be held in July at Columbia College, in addition to a day-long workshop in October.
- An intensive Holocaust teachers’ study trip to Poland every other year. Graduate credit is given to teachers. The next trip will take place in June 2017.